‘Tis the season of love, am I right?
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I thought I’d take a moment to spotlight my Valentine and why I love him so very much. He’s been the best supporter I could have asked for over the past year or so as we’ve made the transition to parenthood.
So without further ado, here’s 14 things I love about you (and us)!
- You always love me; even if I’m doing something you may not particularly like at the time.
- You take leading our family seriously. You hold yourself to a higher standard to be a good example for me and Catherine.
- You aren’t afraid to do hard things.
- You’ve been praying about where we should move for residency since the first year of medical school.
- You don’t want to miss any of the opportunities that God has for us by settling for doing the thing that is comfortable or easy.
- You want to be a really good doctor. You use dead time in your day to do extra reading just because you want to.
- You sacrifice your comfort (mostly your sleep) to support me.
- You want me to live my dreams the way that you are living yours.
- That we can now laugh about your love language being micro managing.
- You make time for me every night before you go to bed.
- We have the best baby ever.
- The way you laugh at a really funny joke.
- That we share a love of baking and homemade sweets.
- You always think that I’m beautiful.
Happy Valentine’s Day, love. ❤