The other week I was trying to come up with as many meals as I could for the week that didn’t require buying many extra ingredients. We had some leftover spaghetti sauce, frozen meatballs, and provolone cheese *ta-da* this meal was born. All we had to pick up was the canned french bread dough at the store. We loved it so much that I thought I would share it here. In case, you know, for some reason you are clueless on how to make a meatball sub out of the leftovers in your refrigerator.
- Pillsbury French Bread loaf in a can
- Frozen Meatballs
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Provolone Cheese
- Cut each bread loaf in thirds (or in half depending on how big you want the subs to be.)
- Bake according to package directions.
- At the same time, heat the frozen meatballs in the oven. You may actually need to start them first depending on their package directions.
- Heat the spaghetti sauce on the stove.
- Once it is all baked and warm, assemble into a sub. (Don’t forget the cheese!)
So easy, I almost feel silly for typing it all out. On Saturdays, we like to go all out and make things from scratch when we can, but on weeknights we are looking for something fast to break up the normal meat + raw veggies plan. Enjoy.