I was planning to post a PHFR post yesterday, but when it came down to it, I just couldn’t think of what to write or take pictures of. Nevertheless, I feel like so much has happened in the past week or so that a post is warranted. So a few quick updates on exciting things happening around the French household.
- Last weekend, I was supposed to be in Williamsburg with my Mom and Aunts for a girls weekend, but my plans got rearranged when I got a job interview in Pikeville. Luckily, I still got to spend a little bit of time with them.
- So, I interviewed to be Physician Recruiter at the hospital in Pikeville. I should find out next week if I got that job, but right now I am just thankful for the interview. It was a one on one interview with the CEO of the hospital. Definitely a one of a kind experience. I think the interview went well, so we’ll see what happens.
- While I was in the interview, Andy and his Dad got to go by our soon-to-be house again. I was sad to miss it, but I’ll have the next four years to spend time there. 🙂
- After we made a whirlwind stop in Pikeville, we headed on to Mt. Washington, KY to spend sometime with Andy’s Grandma and extended family that live there. We hadn’t seen any of them since the wedding, so it was nice to have some good family time.
- On the way back from KY we stopped in Farmville, which means Andy had another chance to go through his old bedroom and rustle up some more things to sell. So, I present his next hidden treasure waiting to be turned into gold on eBay… Pokemon cards.
- Andy is slowly
wearing me downconvincing me to try to Paleo diet (just to be healthy, not for weight loss purposes). We made two Paleo recipes this week and *surprise surprise*, I liked them. So, I have now begun the bargaining process to maintain my unlimited access to cow milk – just kidding. (One of the tenets of the diet is no dairy. So being realistic, we are never going to fully hold to this eating plan, as we are both milk and dairy -aholics.)
- We currently don’t have any more traveling plans until Easter, but based on the way that February went, I’m not placing any bets on that one. I am starting to get more excited for our move to Pikeville as the plans continue to fall in place, but I get a little sad when I realize that those plans mean that we will have to leave all the things we have come to love in Wake Forest. Such is life, I guess.
Well, that’s all for now. February was quite the exciting month for us. We’ll see what March has in store.
This post is part of a link-up at Conversion Diary. Head over there to check out other posts full of 7 Quick Takes.